Thursday, July 28, 2011

Something a little different..



At the last craft show in Brisbane I brought a Shadow Box kit from Twiddleybits. It had the cute little houses and lots of different embellishments. I came home all inspired to make the original kit but when I actually sat down to make it nothing fell into place, the papers were wrong and it was blah! I put it all away and there it has sat for over a month.

After looking at some of the new products and displays from CHA I got all inspired again, so I pull this kit back out on Wednesday and this time everything just fell into place.

The papers are from Graphic 45's Hallowe'en in Wonderland Collection (which I know is a little old now) but they were perfect for this. (I know I'm way too early for Halloween!)

I maganed to used some of the other pieces that were in the original Kit from Twiddleybits, but I just used them a little differently eg: in the top left hand corner, this is actually a Tree, but when I moved it around a bit it actually looked like the branches so when painted in black it blended in with the papers.

I added a few extra handmade embellishments and on the way to work this morning I went via the florist in search of some Grandpa's Whiskers. I managed to find some at The Sculpted Leaf at Maroochydore and she already had some out the back which had been drying for a few months, so it was perfect!

The other embellishments have been inked and embossed with Tim Holtz Distress Embossing Powder to add more texture!

When I covered the inside of the box, I made sure that the joins on the side panels lined up perfectly so it looks like it is one continuious piece.





Thanks...Jules

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails