Saturday, November 20, 2010

Free Standing Pop Up Cards

found this tutorial for the Free Stand Pop Up Card ages ago on Splitcoast Stamps by Mary Jo Albright and have used it over and over. It really is quite simple to make.

A different style of Christmas Card that I have been making this year is the Free Standing Pop Up Card.
We made similar style cards (not Christmas) months ago in a Creative Card Class and I said back then I thought they would be great as a Christmas Card as they could sit on the shelf rather than a traditional style card plus they have a WOW Factor when you first open them!
Anyway, the ones below I have used stamps from Wild Rose Studio.

Cards from Photo 1:
I have used stamps from Wild Rose Studio's latest release: Fairies. She is called Ella with Flowers, and she seemed very Christmassy.
I've stamped my images onto X-Press It Copic Cardstock and then cut then out and the base of the Pop Up card is white cardstock. I have coloured Ella with Copic Markers: E50,E21,E31,E33,E35, R39, R59, R81,R83,R85,YG63 and YG67.
I don't know if you have realized, with the packaging on The Wild Rose Studio Stamps, they have a coloured image that your Acrylic Stamp adheres to, so what I always try to do is when I first get a new stamp, I coloured it in trying to use similar colours that are on that sheet! Pretty Cool Hey!
I've added Diamond Stickles to her wings and then cut her out and placed foam dots behind her to make her stand out a little. That way so also becomes like the stopper for the card to stay in place.
The flowers I have made using the Blossoms 2 Nestabilities and just inked and lightly distressed the edges. I've used a Pomegranate Textured Cardstock to match her dress, then put some Black Pearls in the centre. I used my Martha Stewart Holly Punch.
The sentiments on the front are Hero Arts Christmas Stamps I've had for years and years, inked in one in Bravo Burgundy and the other in Garden Green Inks from Stampin' Up! Then I used my Long Rectangle Scalloped Nestabitilites.
I've kept both cards fairly similar!






Cards from Photo 2:
I have also used a stamp from Wild Rose Studio, this is a Milton & Co Stamp called Milton with Poinsettia. The teddy bear style of stamp is not my usual style, but Milton is very cute!
I've stamped my images onto X-Press It Copic Cardstock and then cut then out and the base of the Pop Up Card is white cardstock. I have coloured both these images with Copic Markers, but I've had these coloured for months and I have no idea where I wrote down what I have used! Obviously I have used Colours from the E colour family. I've coloured them both differently, one is light and the other is a darker shading. Both Poinsettia's have been coloured the same using YG63, YG67, RV29 and R29 (I think).
The base of the Pop Up card is made from Crimson Textured Cardstock and the pattern papers are from The Girls Paperie Tinsel & Twig Collection.
I've placed some white Satin ribbon on each card, with a little bow then I have made a small plaque so you are able to write a personal message on the bottom of each, and this is made by running it through my Cuttlebug with my Long Rectangle Nestabilities.
The sentiment on the top is from a set called Christmas Greetings again from Wild Rose Studio.




Below is what the card looks like when it is folded down, and these cards will fit into a standard C6 envelope!


Thanks...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails