Friday, November 06, 2009

Inexpensive Gifts



I love giving gifts to friends, work colleuges and neighbours for Christmas. Every year a few weeks prior to Christmas I try and spend a few days in the kitchen making yummy homemade treats like Rum balls, Apricot balls, (my extra special) Rocky Road, Shortbread, etc and then packaging them up in celo bags and giving each person a small basket full of yummy Christmas treats. Hopefully this year I will be able to do the same. I know this is not possible for some of us!
I also like to have some gifts on hand incase I have forgotten someone or we need to give any last minute gifts to friends who call in.

I have been starting to buy a few inexpensive (pre packaged) food itmes from places like Big W, Woolies and Coles in which I have taken the original boring labels off (or decorated directly over the top) and decorated them with some gorgeous Designer Series Papers and embellishments from Stampin' Up!

Most of these food items were under $10.00, so these could be great gift ideas for neighbours. I love items in tins and bottles as these are easy to decorate.
The items in the photo above are Tinned Biscuits, Jars of Hardboiled Lollies, a bottle of Fruit and Nut Chocolates and a block of Cadbury Chocolate (with the purple packaging removed and then covered the alfoil block). I have also decorated a plain white gift bag with some patterned papar and ribbon to give the gifts in, and again they are more likely to reuse the gift bag, then rip off the wrapping paper!

I have used the Ski Slope Designer Series Papers (112994 416.95) the Tree Trimmings stamp set (116893 $24.95). I love the 1 1/4 inch Candy Cane Striped Grosgrain Ribbon (113099 $19.95)which are all from the Spring Mini (available until 30/11/09).

Next time your shopping, have a look at the supermarket for some ideas, I'm sure there is something that will catch your eye!

Thanks..Jules

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails